Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pay it forward

I've discovered that the idea of paying it forward is a real practice in the Etsy community.  I have found the community--both buyers and sellers--to be incredibly generous, supportive, and friendly.  I will say that I think the folks behind Etsy do a fabulous job of providing opportunities for Etsians to connect and support one another through treasuriesforums, and  teams. But it's community of people that is amazing at paying it forward and giving back.  In my first 6 weeks selling on Etsy, I've been included in a dozen treasuries, have had conversations with many Etsians about their shops and best practices, and have benefited from the optimism of the Positivity Team.  Without these connections, no one would be seeing my shop.  So Pay It Forward is going to be my weekly look at Etsy sellers.  To start, here are a few Etsians that have been a great inspiration to me:

Cazhoffy was the first Etsian that I ever purchased a product from, and through our interaction I learned a lot about providing quality customer service.  Following our exchange, I let Cazhoffy know that I was thinking of starting a shop and asked for some advice.  She was so generous in telling me about her experiences as an Etsy seller that I knew this was something I wanted to be part of.  Check out her fantastic handmade baby items.



Kmonds has been a terrific supporter and fabulous about including me in his treasuries. Yesterday the first piece that I ever posted on Etsy was included in a Kmonds treasury and it sold. When I let him know that it sold, he let me know that he loves supporting other Etsy stores that are getting started.  Kmonds has terrific collection of vintage finds!




AMarigoldLife was so open to communicating with me about her two shops and I found the Positivity Team through her.  She has a great vintage shop as well as a shop with handmade items.




Finally,  Karilan gave me some great advice about blogging. Her blog is great and was a source of inspiration for me to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment