Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Do what you say you're going to do

I am passionate about art, beautiful objects, creative endeavors, rich conversation, and history. I am a big dreamer, I always have a lot of ideas brewing, and I love to be creative.  And I have always dreamed of having my own business that would allow me to indulge in all of my interests and share them with others.

My challenge is follow through. At least this seems to be the case when it comes to achieving my own goals.  I start a lot of things--reading books, making art, going to yoga class--and for a variety of reasons, I never manage to complete them.  Then one day it occurred to me that I was extremely gifted at achieving goals for everyone else--my family, my employer, my community.  So I knew I could do it. But how?

And then I discovered Etsy.

I just read Danielle Laporte's article THE secret to success. This is IT. for reals. Her secret is "Do what you say you're going to do".  So that's what I'm doing.  With the support of an incrediblyy understanding family and the great Etsy community, I'm finally following through.  And my dream that was stuck in my head for so long has quickly turned into a wonderful reality, So Very Happy Vintage.

I plan to use this space to provide some ongoing inspiration and to share my experiences as an Etsy seller. I hope you enjoy it, and I hope  to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment